Development of the business in Freedom to Provide Services in Luxembourg
New unit-linked business under the Freedom to Provide Services from Luxembourg to several European countries showed a positive evolution, event better than compared to the market in general. Thus, in 2020, we recorded a significant increase in inflows of 14.7%, from EUR 736.9 million in 2019 to EUR 845.0 million in 2020.
Assets under management amounted to EUR 8,335.9 million compared to EUR 7,937.7 million in 2019 and, thanks to the growth in inflows, were 5.0% higher than in the previous year, despite the COVID19-influenced development of the investment market.
Review of the year 2020
Bâloise has optimised its innovation process by formulating a structured approach for designing and developing new services and products. This approach allowed us to :
- Capitalise on the knowledge acquired during each project (knowledge management);
- Define the most relevant tools at each phase of the innovation process according to the needs identified;
- Support the business lines in the upstream phases of innovation projects adjacent to the core business;
- Reduce by half our cycle time from idea to test;
- Increase our capacity to collect and process field data in order to include it in the design of new services and products.
The strategic aspect of digitalisation has been further strengthened in 2020 with :
- initiatives to improve digital exchanges with agents to avoid the need for paper and allow for more automation;
- the digitalisation of processes to improve the quality and speed of service and make them more transparent;
- the implementation of completely digital interfaces with our partners;
- the introduction of digital signature.
The health situation has not slowed us down in terms of initiatives, it has even been a catalyst to accelerate this evolution, thanks to all the digital collaborative tools that have been deployed during this period.
Convinced that the Corporate Social Responsibility approach will contribute to human progress, Bâloise has definitely included environmental, social and governance criteria in its strategy. It will continue to develop products and services that promote these criteria.
Bâloise would like to thank all its customers and partners for their trust. We would also like to thank our employees, the first ambassadors of the Bâloise brand, who, through their commitment and motivation, are working to transform the company and make life easier for our customers.